You can choose specific files, folders, and Registry entries to be included or excluded from CCleaner Cloud operations.
Note: If you add an exclusion, that file or Registry entry will never be cleaned, regardless of the selections you make on the Cleaner screen.
To exclude files or folders from the CCleaner Cloud process:
- In CCleaner, click the Options section on the left.
- Choose the Exclude section.
- Click Add Item.
- Add a new include statement by clicking Add Item. This will load a dialog box:
- You can then select your items by:
To choose a drive or folder to exclude, select Drive or Folder and enter the location path.
To choose a file to exclude, select File and then enter the location path of the file. You can only add one file at a time.
To choose a Registry key to exclude, select Registry Key, select the Registry hive, type the Registry key path, and then click OK.
This selection is only relevant when you have selected Drive or Folder.
By default, CCleaner Cloud will include all files in the selected drive or folder. You can choose to include only files of a certain type. To do so, click File Types: and type one or more file extensions. For example,
- *.doc to include all .DOC files
- *.exe;*.bat to include all .EXE and .BAT files
Note: If you exclude a folder, this does not automatically exclude files in any subfolders within that folder.